Introducing our Summer edit - a collection of fashion treasures that will take you straight out of springtime evenings to balmy Summer days.
On the Spring / Summer ‘19 catwalks, there was an overarching theme of femininity with a practical twist, with female empowerment, comfort and confidence taking centre stage.
And what do you know – empowerment and confidence are exactly what we stand for, and believe your modest clothes should allow you to express both, with a modest twist.
Fashion houses Burberry, Loewe, The Row, Valentino and Givenchy incorporated these concepts into styles that we love here at AWRA; from comfortable tailoring and longer skirt lengths to relaxed outerwear in flattering and fluid shapes.
Luckily these are super easy trends to work into a modest wardrobe, so we’ve curated a selection of our favourite, on-trend and timeless pieces to take you through Summer.
Look 1: Oversized T-Shirt Dress
We designed the Oversized T-Shirt Dress as the perfect summertime staple for your wardrobe, perfect for when effortless, throw-on style is the order of the day. The rich colour palette and loose fit means making a statement doesn’t have to mean compromising on comfort.
For Spring / Summer, we love the Oversized T-Shirt Dress because:
- You can wear it loose or with a belt to create structure
- The breathable crepe fabric and loose fit allows air to flow through the dress to keep you cool, even if wearing a long sleeved top underneath to cover arms
- The adaptable silhouette means adding statement jewellery instantly creates impact
- The longer length is ideal for creating effortless, summertime coverage without the bulk
Look 2: Oversized Pocket Dress
The Oversized Pocket Dress is our go-to dress for warmer weather, in cotton and linen with practical front pockets that allow you to leave the bulky handbags at home. Falling at the knee, pair this with sandals and one of our Floral Hijabs for laid-back Spring / Summer style.
For Spring / Summer, we love the Oversized Pocket Dress in Herringbone Mono because:
- The high quality linens and cottons keep you cool while keeping your style relaxed
- The Herringbone design makes this a smart addition to your summer work wardrobe yet ideal for casual weekend looks
- It can be worn as a foundation piece for lots of different summer looks; pair with smart trousers for an understated workwear chic or wear with joggers and Timberlands for our classic laid back, effortless style.
- The oversized cut fits comfortably, giving you space to move.
Look 3: Kimono Jacket
No Spring / Summer wardrobe is complete without a lightweight cover up, which is why the Kimono Jacket is one of our favourites for the warmer seasons. The relaxed cut transitions you into the new season in style, and layering over neutral basics adds a relaxed, feminine feel for a low maintenance, sustainable and put-together look.
For Spring / Summer, we love the Kimono Jacket in Patterned Mink because:
- It’s the ultimate transitional cover-up piece for spring; layer over a basic sweatshirt on cooler days and over a T-shirt for warmer days
- It’s the perfect lightweight piece to take with you when travelling light on long weekends or holidays
- The on-trend, soft pink hue and light, embroidered detailing gives any look a pretty, feminine touch
- It’s versatile enough to work as a foundation piece to create casual daytime or statement evening looks around
All styles are now be purchased with up to 50% OFF in our Summer Sale - whoop!
You can now discover more Summer styles to elevate your look by taking a look at our latest versatile and modest womenswear collection.
If you’d like to stay in touch with us for more about our story, news, updates and offers, subscribe to our newsletter by signing up below in our website footer.